Affiliate Network Manager
About the Organization:
MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) is the unifying champion for expanding quality youth mentoring relationships in the United States. For more than 25 years, MENTOR has served the mentoring field by providing a public voice; developing and delivering resources to mentoring programs nationwide; and promoting quality for mentoring through evidence-based standards, innovative research and essential tools. MENTOR has developed and supports a national network of local Affiliates that provide regional, state and local leadership and infrastructure necessary to support the expansion of quality mentoring relationships. Together, we engage with the private, public and nonprofit sectors to ensure that all youth have the support they need through mentoring relationships to succeed at home, school and, ultimately, work.
Commitment to Diversity:
MENTOR is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity in advancing awareness of the need for and transformative power of supportive relationships for our young people. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to close the mentoring gap. As we seek to build the most complementary team when it comes to skill, perspective, and experience, we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
About the Position:
MENTOR seeks a systematic and collaborative project manager to serve as its Affiliate Network Manager in Boston, MA. Reporting to the Sr. Director of the Affiliate Network, the manager will support the expansion of MENTOR’s Affiliate network as it grows into new markets across the country, by developing project plans to monitor and track new Affiliate development according to sustainability indicators and developmental milestones. In addition, the Manager will support MENTOR’s existing Affiliates by curating content for, and driving adoption of MENTOR’s Online Community and Learning Management System. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think strategically and implement tactically, with a focus on developing sustainable processes. This is a dynamic opportunity for an individual with experience and/or interest in project management, data management, and technology implementation to fuel the mentoring movement through elevation of MENTOR’s growing network of local Affiliates.
New Affiliate Project Management
- Develop project plans, monitor and track new Affiliate development according to sustainability indicators/key developmental milestones
- Coordinate logistics for new Affiliate development including managing timelines, schedules, local events, and various key stakeholder groups at the local level
- Ensure appropriate documentation is prepared and executed for various Affiliate developmental phases
- Maintain clear documentation of progress, obstacles, and lessons learned to incorporate into future Affiliate development plans
- Build and update processes, templates, and best practices for Affiliate development implementation
- Facilitate collaboration among stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of project plans
- Build communication strategy to ensure MENTOR team is apprised of Affiliate development status and engaged, as needed
- Create and manage a master calendar for Affiliate development
Online Community and Learning Management System Implementation
- Work cross-departmentally, to curate and update resources, ensuring that all content (templates, FAQs, articles, etc.) is vetted, relevant, and of high quality
- Create and update Affiliate profiles, community forums/groups, community engagement calendars, and manage general user experience
- Respond to user-generated posts and elevate content expertise to increase Affiliate engagement
- Train Affiliate staff on how to utilize the online community, and help troubleshoot as needed
- Provide regular monitoring and reporting of data to improve effectiveness and efficiency of use and develop new engagement strategies
- Work with the Program team regarding the development and dissemination of content via the Learning Management System
- Track and support the progress of new Affiliate staff as they utilize Onboarding resources
Affiliate Assessment and Action Plan Coordination
- Work across technology systems including Client Relationship Management (CRM), Online Community, and Learning Management to support the continuous improvement process of Affiliates
- Coordinate Affiliate Assessment dissemination, data analysis, and individual and aggregate reporting (every three years)
- Coordinate Affiliate impact metrics collection, analysis, and reporting
- Monitor the tracking of Affiliate Action Plans to increase the progress of Affiliate organizational development and capacity
- 4+ years of professional experience, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement project plans and data management strategies
- Previous experience with managing technology solutions, including online community, learning management, and/or client relationship management systems, preferred
- Strong attention-to-detail and organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment as new processes mature over time
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to thrive in a mission-driven organization with a strong culture; passionate commitment to MENTOR’s mission, vision, values, and strategic direction
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health, dental, 403B, pre-tax transit, generous vacation, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, and paid professional development.
MENTOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.